Gold Award Girl Scouts
Issues of the world, meet your match.
Gold Award Girl Scouts are the dreamers and the doers who take “make the world a better place” to the next level.
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the mark of the truly remarkable—proof that not only can she make a difference, but that she already has.
Seniors and Ambassadors who earn the Gold Award tackle issues that are dear to them and drive lasting change in their communities and beyond. Think of the Gold Award as a key that can open doors to scholarships, preferred admission tracks for college, and amazing career opportunities.
Gold Award 101 Online Training Survey
You should fill this out ONLY after you have watched the online training.
You can pursue your Girl Scout Gold Award if:
You're in high school (ninth through twelfth grade, or equivalent)
You're registered as a Girl Scout Senior or Girl Scout Ambassador
You have completed two Senior or Ambassador Journeys OR earned the Girl Scout Silver Award and completed a Journey
Girl Scout Gold Award Steps
Identify an issue
Investigate your issue thoroughly
Get help and build your team
Create a plan
Present your plan and gather feedback
Educate and inspire
The Benefits of Going Gold
Girl Scout Gold Award recipients do well in life! They rate their general success significantly higher than their peers and report greater success in reaching their goals in many areas.
- Higher education and career
- Distinguish yourself in the college admissions process
- Earn college scholarships
- Enter the military one rank higher
- Life skills
- Be seen as a role model and distinguished leader
- Master time management skills
- Make the world a better place
- Use your vision for change
- Tackle an issue, locally or globally
- Establish a lifetime network
- Create your community legacy with a sustainable solution to a problem